Thursday, June 19, 2014

A New Day, A New Jake

This morning, I woke up at 6AM. We had so many nurses last night. They weaned Jake off sedation at midnight, then around 4AM the nurse said Jake opened his eyes and was looking around. When I was done pumping, I went over to talk to Jake. He opened both eyes and was just staring at me with a concerned look on his face. I explained to him he needed to get better and he could come home again.

The resident doctor came in this morning too. She checked his bowel movements. She said she heard more than she did yesterday. That is a good sign! We were waiting for his bowels to wake up from surgery and he can start pooping again. And eating!

Still waiting for the ventilator to come out. Will take pictures when this happens! I feel today is going to be a good day. Thinking positive for my little man.
This is him on his one month birthday. 6-12-14. We had dinner over at mom and dad. Pa'pa got his camera out and took so many picture of him. We had tacos for dinner and we brought a cherry pie for dessert. Dad loves pie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment